Daily Current Affairs 2018- 10th January 2018 The Annual Meeting 2018 of the World Economic Forum shall be held from 23-26 January 2018 at Davos in Switzerland with the theme of 'Creating a Shared Future in a Fractured World'.
Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi will be participating in the Annual Meeting.
He will be the first Prime Minister to attend the Annual Meeting of the Forum since 1997.
The Annual Meeting will be attended by 350 political leaders (among them over 60 heads of state or government), the chairs and chief executive officers of the world's most important companies and over 1,000 leaders from among other walks of life.
Points to Remember
The World Economic Forum (WEF) is a Swiss nonprofit foundation, based in Cologny, Geneva, Switzerland. It was established in 1971. Klaus Schwab is the executive chairman of the World Economic Forum.
Daily Current Affairs 2018- 10th January 2018
1. Annual Meeting 2018 of World Economic Forum
2. PM addresses inaugural session of PIO-Parliamentarian Conference
3. ‘First Health Ministers Roundtable on Food Safety & Nutrition’
4. Gujarat tops logistics performance index chart
5. Goa to host second bird festival from January 12
6. 12-member panel to take a call on National Anthem in cinema halls
7. Indian-origin businessman appointed WBCSD Chairman
8. A R Rahman becomes Sikkim’s brand ambassador
9. Yusuf Pathan Suspended by BCCI After Dope Violation
10. Aditya wins Kolkata Open Snooker meet